Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Martha Rules

In starting my new art business, and I have begun reading Martha Stewart's The Martha Rules.  She is a brilliant business woman.  She explains how many people don't even know what thing they are passionate about.  I am passionate about my writing and my art.  I especially enjoy illustrating what I have written.  Now I am going to get the opportunity to help others to learn the enjoyment art can give to a person.  It's an awesome feeling.  Everyone always seems to think artist are rather eccentric.... I guess we are.  I tend to march along to my own beat, and make myself happy in my own way more than I worry about what others think. I used to worry about it being a good thing; now, I know it's a good thing! God has given each of us certain talents which, if we use them, can help fulfill a certain need within society.  All we have to do is "Be still, and know."  One of my favorite verses.

Now if you will excuse me, I must finish my watermelon and cantaloupe.  As Martha would say, "It's a good thing."

Tela

No comments:

Post a Comment