Monday, August 1, 2011

Thinking about economics and that maybe I'll win the lottery.

Sometimes, I think I think too much.  Ha ha!  Of course I guess that's what writers do.  We think so much we have to write it all down.  I ate out this weekend at Cracker Barrel and noticed a few changes in regards to economics.  The waiters (ours was very sweet and easy on the eye) and waitresses no longer naturally bring bread and butter to your table.  They also ask you if you want lemon in your tea rather than just placing it in your tea and letting you pick it out if you like.  All of these things in an effort to save money. 
At Wal-Mart last week I saw rows of rotten strawberries that had just been put out for consumption.  Are we, the consumers so stupid as not to notice the tiny little sweaters growing on the red fruit?  Please, Sam is rolling over in his grave now.  My pineapples have also went up to 3 bucks.  Leaves a bad taste in my mouth thinking about it.
Books have went up too.  For lots of us Indie writers, like myself, we keep our books at reasonable prices that are much cheaper than a paper copy of it would be.  Not so for the authors who have already made it.  The paper copy is 12.99 and so is the ebook copy.  That's ridiculous and that's all I've got to say about that one.
Now all this mess in Washington is hurting all of us.  Why in the world those people can't see how much they have hurt all of us common people I don't know.  They must be like the old horses who used to wear blinders so all they could see was what was right in front of their faces.  Why they gave all that money to the banks I will never know.  As much money as they gave the banks, they could have given each one of us 1 million and had money left.  Guess what I would have done?  I would have paid off my bills and then the bank in turn would have gotten their money.  People would have bought bigger and better things, thereby adding to the economy and helping everyone.  Too late now. 
Guess I'll just hope I have the winning lottery ticket.  Maybe Washington should buy a ticket!  LOL!

Tela
 

No comments:

Post a Comment