Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Doomsday Preppers

Doomsday Preppers is now a show on the National Geographic Channel. My household likes to watch it. Sometimes we just laugh. Other times, we cock our heads and say, "that's a pretty good idea." These people are scared that somehow the world as we know it is going to end and they are spending absurd amounts of money to "prepare" for this day.
These people have entire rooms dedicated to hoarding their foods and water for the time when there is an economic collapse, polar shift, radiation fallout... the list goes on and on as to what these people think might happen. They have people who are teaching their kids how to go jump into a spider hole and wait it out for weeks on end.
This one man was trying to teach his boys how to shoot a gun and he shot a finger off! I've taught my boys to shoot, too, but I have to admit, I've never shot a finger off, thank goodness!
Some of these people spend 6 to 8 hours a day preparing for the end of life as we know it. What about the life they have now? It doesn't seem like they are living in it very much. Yes, things are bad. And yes, we could all do a better job at helping the earth, and fellow man, but I don't believe you will find me on the isles at the grocery stocking up on cans of soup any time soon.
I also have my own observation to make. For all the supplies these people are hoarding, I've yet to see them harvesting any toilet paper. I'm sorry, when I go camping, I always take a roll of tp with me.

Tela
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.119272058196118.17522.119269974862993&type=1

No comments:

Post a Comment